Core services under the NHS contract
- Management of medical conditions
- Health promotion advice
- Emergency care
- Referral to other services if appropriate
- Urgent care for temporary residents
- Cervical screening
- Contraceptive services (including contraceptive implant insertion and removal)
- Minor Surgeries & joint injections
- Elderly Care Facilitator providing health checks to our Over 75 patients and also patients who may have a long term condition
Vaccination and immunisation
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Travel Health Advice
Chronic Disease Management
Diabetes, Hypertension and Ischaemic Heart Disease Clinics run by nurses are available for monitoring of these conditions. We request that you have had your annual blood test performed two weeks prior to your appointment.
Patients with a diagnosis of Asthma or COPD are invited for annual reviews.
We request that these patients bring their inhalers and symptom diary to this appointment.
GP Led Health Centres
Hanley Health and Well being centre – 69/71 Stafford Street, Hanley
Telephone: 0300 123 6759
You do not need to be registered with the GP Led Health centres in order to receive treatment from them but please note you can only obtain repeat prescriptions from your registered GP.
Other Sources Of Help And Advice
- Haywood Walk in Centre on High Lane Burslem telephone 01782 581112. which is open from 7am-10pm Mon – Fri and 9am-10pm Sat and Sun 365 days per year.
- Leek Minor Injuries/illness unit at Leek Moorlands Hospital Ashbourne Road Leek telephone 01538 487104 open every day from 8am-8pm
- 111 free of charge or http://www.nhs.uk